By Roger Meltzer, CEO & Director of A&R, Capsicum
Saturday Nov 18th 2017 | 2:30PM – 4:00PM
email@example.com | 646-504-3383
Complete Music Studio 227 St Marks Ave Brooklyn, New York 11238 (between Vanderbilt & Underhill)Transportation:
Subway: A or C to Washington Ave
B or Q to 7th Ave (Park PL & Flatbush)
#2 or #3 to Bergen Street
Bus: B26; B41; B46; B65; B69; B75Subjects to cover at the workshop:
What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You: An Introduction to Royalties
1. Which is better, work-for-hire or royalties?
2. Definition: Residual income derived for various work done in the recording industry
3. Who derives residual income for various work done in the recording industry?
a. Copyright owners
4. What is the difference between a PA and an SR – what can/can’t you copyright?
5. Who pays royalties – to whom and for what?
i. CD sales
ii. Digital downloads
iii. What is the Harry Fox Agency
b. Performance Rights Licensing
i. How are performance rights licensing fees tabulated
v. Background Music – elevators, supermarkets
vi. Affiliation with BMI, ASCAP, JACAP, SESAC, PRS, COTT, ECCO
What’s the difference between the 100% and 200% formulas
What does Sound Exchange do?
6. What does the fine print in contracts say and what does it mean?